Turn On My Gas Service | Northwest PA Businesses| National Fuel

Start Service

Start Service

To have service turned on at your property, call us at least one week prior to your desired service date. 


If you are moving and the address is in National Fuel’s service territory, make sure your account is established at your new address.

In order to start service with National Fuel, you need to provide a Social Security Number OR one government issued photo identification.  If one government issued photo identification is not available or the customer wishes to use other forms of identification or the customer wishes to use other forms of identification, then National Fuel will require the applicant to present two alternative forms of identification, as long as one of the identifications includes a photo of the individual. National Fuel will take all appropriate actions needed to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of identification information provided by their applicants and customers.

Single forms of acceptable ID:

  • Driver’s license
  • State issued ID – available at each county’s DMV
  • Passport
  • Veteran ID card
  • Foreign Government issued ID
  • Military ID card
  • Valid Government issued ID
  • USCIS issued document card (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services)
  • Homeland issued Refugee Traveling Document

Forms of ID requiring a second form. One ID has to be a photo:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Student ID
  • Employment ID
  • Access Card
  • Bus Pass
  • Benefits Card

If pipeline service is already in place at the address you are applying for, we will set up your new account and arrange a time during business hours to initiate your gas service.

If you are requesting service at a location without pipeline service, a National Fuel field representative will visit the address to determine the placement of our gas line and meter. He or she will take measurements for calculating the cost, if any, for pipeline installation.

Applications involving an extension to our main line may take longer to process because of rights-of-way and municipal approvals needed. If there are any costs associated with the new installations, payment is required before service can be installed.


Excess Flow Valve

Where conditions permit their use, National Fuel can install an Excess Flow Valve (EFV) on your natural gas service line (the underground line that runs from the main line to the meter).

Learn More


Read Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Natural Gas Customer.

Download Your Guide


NY Home NY Business
PA Home PA Business