National Fuel offers special protections to Pennsylvania customers who are the victims of domestic violence. If you currently have a valid Protection from Abuse Order (PFA), you have the following protections regardless of your income:
- National Fuel cannot shut off your gas service between December 1 and April 1 without permission from the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission.
- Depending on your income, a special payment arrangement may be available.
- Your service may not be shut off on a Friday.
- You may not be held responsible for a bill in someone else’s name.
- You will receive additional notice prior to shut-off.
In order to receive protections from National Fuel, you will be required to provide us with a copy of your PFA Order. National Fuel will not share this information with any third party.
Your local domestic violence hotline is available 24 hours a day, and all services are free and confidential. For more information contact the number below.