Then call us at 1-800-444-3130.
Did you know natural gas is odorless? That’s why National Fuel adds a rotten egg odor to your gas to alert you of a leak.
So, if you smell rotten eggs, it could be a natural gas leak. Leave the premises immediately and contact National Fuel or call 9-1-1 from a different location.
If you suspect a leak:
- Avoid creating sparks or sources of heat which could cause gas to ignite. Do not light a match, start an engine, use a phone, use light switches or light flares.
- Immediately leave the area and move to an upwind direction if possible.
- Call National Fuel’s 24/7 emergency response number: 1-800-444-3130.
- Warn others and form a safe perimeter. Evacuate surrounding structures as needed.
- Avoid driving into the suspected leak area.
- Avoid direct contact with escaping gas because physical injury can occur.
Read safety information in Arabic.
Read safety information in Chinese.
Read safety information in French.
Read safety information in Italian.
Read safety information in Portuguese.
Read safety information in Russian.
Read safety information in Spanish.