Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia. Seneca’s headquarters are located in Houston, Texas. Most of Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is the third largest producer in the basin with more than 1,200 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Analyst, Reservoir & Corporate Development will serve as an integral member of the Reservoir and Strategic Planning teams with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Build MS Access and SQL queries and Excel Spreadsheets for data gathering, analysis, and graphing, including advanced spreadsheet applications (look-ups, pivot tables, external data linking, formulas)
- Build and maintain Aries, Harmony and OFM databases, summaries, and consolidation reports
- Extract and analyze third party well data, including state regulatory and production information
- Coordinate data retrieval, collecting, loading, manipulation, and management for use by group and other teams/departments as required
- Provide support and analysis to Engineers and Managers in the development and presentation of data, including trend analysis, variance analysis, probability distributions, GIS mapping, technical evaluations and PowerPoint presentations
- Provide support for acquisitions, divestiture and other corporate development activities including working with and preparing 3rd party databases, engineering support, management of data room files, etc.
- Provide support for strategic planning activities including forecast updates and ad hoc analysis
- Evaluate, develop and recommend improvements to internal processes
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrate active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Math, Computer Science, Economics, Accounting or other related technical discipline. Candidates with one (1) to three (3) years of experience working in the oil and gas industry are preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Aries, OFM, IHS, Enverus and SpotFire are preferred
- Strong SQL server and database management skills preferred
- Advanced user abilities in Excel and Access
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- The successful candidate must have strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail; ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision; manage multiple projects and diverse tasks with differing priorities; and have the ability to effectively collaborate and work with all levels of personnel throughout the company to achieve project goals.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.