National Fuel has an immediate, full-time opening for a Gas System Technician/Equipment Operator in our Operations Department at our Erie Service Center located in Erie, Pennsylvania. If you have a general understanding of construction principles, experience working outdoors, customer service experience, and want to work year round at a stable company, then we invite you to consider applying. All new employees will receive paid on-the-job training to help ensure their success.
Gas System Technicians/Equipment Operators will be responsible for the installation of gas mains and services as well as the operation of excavation equipment, primarily a Loader/Hoe or a mini-excavator. In addition, Gas System Technicians/Equipment Operators will also:
• Load and unload equipment and materials
• Use vacuum excavation and/or a hand shovel to dig around existing utility structures
• Perform plastic pipe fusion, pipe threading, and fitting
• Perform minor vehicle upkeep and lubrication
• Maintain manual and electronic operating records
• Emergency leak response
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Prior construction/laborer experience including the operation of a Loader/Hoe or mini-excavator
• The physical capability to work outdoors in all types of weather and the ability to work in and around hazards and difficult to reach areas is required.
• Mechanical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
• Available to travel and work on capital construction jobs in other NFG service centers when necessary
• Excellent customer service/communication skills
• Basic computer skills and literacy is required. Ability to read, accurately interpret and analyze written information and legibly prepare written documentation
• Prior experience in the gas industry with Operator qualifications
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a proven track record of good attendance, and committed to work place safety. Candidates must be able to work Tuesday – Saturday between the hours of 8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m. The work shift could also include afterhours call outs, weekends, holidays, and overtime. Applicants must live within a 20 – mile radius of the Erie Servicenter located at 225 Wayne Street, Erie, PA 16507 or be willing to relocate.
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||· Paid Company Holidays|
|· Dental Coverage||· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|· Vision Coverage||· Tuition Reimbursement|
|· 401(k) with Company Match||· Life Insurance|
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||· Long Term Disability Insurance|
|· Flexible Work Schedule||· Flexible Spending Account|
|· Paid Time Off||· Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes medicinal or recreational marijuana. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format if emailing) by August 5th, 2021 to:
Gas System Technician/Equipment Operator – #21-053PA
Please reference position #21-053PA – Gas System Technician/Equipment Operator in the subject line of your email