National Fuel has an immediate, full-time opening for a Gas System Technician/Equipment Operator in our Operations Department at our Wellsville Service Center located in Wellsville, NY. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
A Gas System Technician/Equipment Operator will work independently or as part of a two-person construction crew and will be responsible for the installation of gas mains and services as well as the operation of excavation equipment, primarily a Loader/Hoe or a mini-excavator. In addition, the Gas System Technician/Equipment Operator will assist in other excavation, installation and maintenance operations that include:
- Manual excavation
- Plastic pipe fusion
- Mechanical fitting work
- Inspect & re-light appliances
- Lubrication and minor vehicle upkeep
- Maintain manual and electronic operating records
- Prior experience operating a mini excavator/loader/backhoe or similar construction equipment and digging around utilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- The physical capability to work outdoors in all types of weather and the ability to work in and around hazards and difficult to reach areas is required.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Basic literacy is required. Ability to read, legibly prepare written documentation and can accurately interpret and analyze written information
- Basic computer skills
- Prior experience in the gas industry with Operator qualifications
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a proven track record of good attendance, and committed to workplace safety. Candidates must be able to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. The work shift could also include after hour call outs, weekends, holidays, and overtime. Applicants must live within a reasonable commute of the Wellsville Service Center located at 349 South Brooklyn Avenue, Wellsville, NY 14895 or be willing to relocate.
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay starting at $38.39, after 6 months $40.20, and after 1 year $41.20.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||· Paid Sick Time|
|· Dental Coverage||· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|· 401(k) with Company Match||· Tuition Reimbursement|
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||· Life Insurance|
|· Paid Vacation||· Flexible Spending Account|
|· Paid Company Holidays||· Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes medicinal or recreational marijuana. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2, 2022. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.
Please reference position #22-094NY– Wellsville Equipment Operator in the subject line of your email.