National Fuel is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst for an outstanding career opportunity in our Information Technology department located in Williamsville, NY. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported.
- Support Agile Scrum and Kanban teams, deriving clarity for business requests.
- Perform as a cross-functional facilitator, coordinating with stakeholders to plan technology initiatives.
- Work closely with Product Owners to prioritize initiatives based on value and alignment with strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop and maintain departmental and organizational business/technology roadmaps.
- Engage in ethnography with business partners across our service territory to understand their business domain, which may require limited travel.
- Determine how changes to processes, leveraging systems, or both, can help meet value-added objectives.
- Act as key liaison between business areas and IT, defining scope, securing resources, and delivering value.
- Coordinate and promote collaboration across all stakeholders, both inside and outside of IT.
- Elicit requirements and document user stories for technology initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position is hybrid and will have an onsite requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in General Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Experience in environments utilizing Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid methodologies
- High level of initiative, professionalism, and leadership with strong interpersonal/communications skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with moderate-to-strong technical competencies
- Ability to work independently within a quickly changing environment. Effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Well organized and self-motivated with strong customer service, project, and analytical skills
- 2+ years prior hands-on experience in a Business Analyst or Product Owner role.
- Experience in the Energy Sector and/or Natural Gas Distribution and Transmission.
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The base salary range for this position is $60,000-$97,000.
This job posting contains a pay range, which represents the range of pay that National Fuel believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting that it might be willing to pay for the posted job. The specific base pay offered to a successful applicant will be based primarily on relevant professional experience. Other components that may be considered include: individual qualifications, licensures, industry specific experience, education and market demands for specialized skills. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. Exempt positions will also be eligible for an Annual Cash Bonus Plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by October 2, 2023 to:
#23-080NY – Business Systems Analyst
Please reference position #23-080NY in the subject line of your email.