The Board of Directors of the National Fuel Gas Company Foundation (Foundation), the charitable giving arm of National Fuel Gas Company (National Fuel), recently held its quarterly meeting and approved Foundation grants totaling $200,000.
Grants were awarded to nonprofits throughout National Fuel’s service territory that upheld the Foundation’s recently enhanced pillars including:
- Community Enrichment & Safety– Improve community safety, foster inclusion, promote diversity and enrich the overall quality of life in our communities.
- Education– Develop a sustainable energy workforce through projects that advance STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) education and prepare students to compete in the workforce.
- Environmental Stewardship– Support the preservation of natural resources, environmental education, watershed protection, emissions reduction and environmental enhancements.
- Veteran Services– Fund support services that directly benefit veterans and active service members and their families.
According to David P. Bauer, Foundation President and President and CEO of National Fuel, the Foundation’s pillars were revitalized to align with the Company’s Guiding Principles.
“National Fuel is focused on maintaining the highest standards of corporate responsibility and committed to improving the health and vitality of our local communities,” Bauer said. “Our Foundation pillars now are more closely tied to our Guiding Principles and allow us to better steer contributions in the areas where we live, work, play and raise our families.”
The Board approved the following grant requests.
In New York:
- American Red Cross, Western New York Chapter
- Literacy Volunteers of Chautauqua County
- Restoration Society, Inc. – CODE BLUE
- Horizon Village
- This is My Quest
- Martin Center, Inc.
To learn more about the Foundation and its giving process, visit www.nationalfuel.com/corporate/national-fuel-gas-company-foundation/.
The National Fuel Gas Company Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation funded entirely by National Fuel through shareholder funds to better establish National Fuel’s commitment to the community. Foundation focus areas include Community Enrichment & Safety, Education, Environmental Stewardship and Veteran Services.