Landowner Information | Seneca Resources Company | National Fuel Gas

Landowner Information

Landowner Information

We’re Close to Home

As your neighbor for more than 100 years, we’re committed to safely developing, producing, storing and distributing natural gas. Here you can find answers to your frequently asked questions as well as important forms you may need.

Get the forms you need below. As a reminder, forms are only accepted by mail. Faxes or emails will not be accepted.

Forms can be mailed to:

Seneca Resources Company, LLC
Attn: Land Department
2000 Westinghouse Drive, Suite 400
Cranberry Township, PA 16066

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I change my address?

A. All changes must be received in writing at the address listed on the change of address form.

Q. How do I change my name?

A. Please provide us with a copy of the marriage certificate, divorce decree or other document affecting the name change. Please include your current name, owner number and phone number on any correspondence and mail to:

Seneca Resources Company, LLC
Attn: Land Department
2000 Westinghouse Drive, Suite 400
Cranberry Township, PA 16066

Q. What should I do if my check is lost, stolen or damaged?

A. Please allow sufficient time for delivery by the postal service before contacting us. If your check is lost or stolen, please contact us at:

The Land Department
(412) 548-2500

You will be advised of our void process after which we will reissue the check on our next revenue cycle.

Q. How do I transfer my interest in a property?

A. In order to change the payee on our records, you must change the record title of the owner. This conveyance must be recorded in the county where the property is located, and we must receive a copy of the recorded instrument.

Q. What happens when the interest owner of a property dies?

A. To transfer the interest according to a will, the will must be probated in the state in which the land is located. If the will is not probated, you should submit a completed affidavit of heirship and a copy of the death certificate. Please see listing of required documents below.

SituationRequired Document(s)
Interest owner died testate
(with a will)

  • Death certificate

  • Copy of the will

  • Copy of order admitting will to probate recorded to the proper deed recorder’s office

  • Letters testamentary or administration

  • Copy of trust document if one was created through will

Interest owner died intestate
(without a will)

  • Death certificate

  • Affidavit of death and heirship form

Q. How do I obtain information about unclaimed funds?

A. Funds are escheated to the state if we do not have a valid address for the owner or if we cannot locate the heirs of a deceased owner. Please submit an owner inquiry form that includes where the property is located and the name of the party for which the unclaimed funds are held. Please also check in your state or the National Association of Unclaimed Property to see if funds have already been escheated.

NY Home NY Business
PA Home PA Business