The Board of Directors of the National Fuel Gas Company Foundation (Foundation), the charitable giving arm of National Fuel Gas Company (National Fuel or the Company) and funded entirely by shareholders, recently held its quarterly meeting and approved Foundation grants totaling $140,000.
According to David P. Bauer, Foundation President and President and Chief Executive Officer of National Fuel, these contributions span large portions of the Company’s service territory and meet varying community needs. “The Foundation continues to direct funding to nonprofits responding to the challenges of the pandemic, while at the same time remaining committed to our focus areas,” Bauer said.
Focus areas include: underserved/economically disadvantaged, education, community vitality/economic impact and veteran services.
Grant recipients in New York:
- Boys & Girls Clubs Collaborative of WNY- the premier youth-serving program in Western New York, helping more than 17,500 youth ages 4-18 annually.
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery Access AK programs – these uniquely designed programs meet specific needs of participants, provide visitors with an inspiring experience and foster an environment of creative participation regardless of ability.
- Mission Ignite – strives to close the digital divide in the Buffalo Niagara region through its mission to enhance educational opportunities and enrich lives through technology.
Grant recipients in Pennsylvania:
- Erie Community Foundation Helping Today Program – supports organizations that assist marginalized communities access healthcare, education and career and economic development programs. This grant is geared toward supporting COVID-19 response efforts.
- United Way of Erie County – to benefit Northwestern Pennsylvania United Ways COVID-19 response efforts in Erie, Crawford, Mercer and Venango counties.
The National Fuel Gas Company Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation funded entirely by shareholders to better establish National Fuel’s commitment to the community.