Last month, the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission lifted its termination moratorium enabling utilities to resume service terminations. National Fuel customers who are struggling to pay bills should call Customer Service, 1-800-365-3234, to discuss payment options and financial assistance today.
Although LIHEAP is now closed, the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) remains open for eligible tenant households. ERAP is a federally funded program created to help renters impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic receive assistance with paying rent as well as utility and home energy bills. Utility bill assistance can include past and future bills. Customers should be aware that this program has a higher income eligibility than LIHEAP. Visit https://www.dhs.pa.gov/coronavirus/Pages/Emergency-Rental-Assistance-Program.aspx or call 211 for more information.
National Fuel also offers financial assistance and payment options. Customers should call, 1-800-365-3234, to discuss the following programs:
- LIRA – reduced-rate monthly bills between 10% and 80% and debt forgiveness
- Extended Payment Arrangements – extended payment arrangements are available to customers who are unable to pay their bill
- LIURP – weatherization assistance for customers meeting income/consumption requirements
- CARES – payment arrangements and assistance referrals for customers facing hardships
- Neighbor For Neighbor Heat Fund – helps customers who are having difficulty paying bills and who meet one of the following criteria meet basic energy needs: at least 55 years old, a veteran, disabled, have a certified medical condition, or receiving unemployment benefits
- Budget Plan – predictable monthly gas bills and stabilized heating payments for the year