Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia. Seneca’s headquarters are located in Houston, Texas with offices in Pittsburgh, Brookville, Wellsboro and Kane, PA. Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is one of the largest producers in the basin with approximately 1,000 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Well Tender will serve as an integral member of the Production team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Travel to pads and inspect equipment for good mechanical integrity while also ensuring production capabilities and flow conditions are being met on the pad
- Perform light maintenance on equipment including but not limited to:
- Trim/Seat replacements
- Replacing nipples/fittings/valves
- Installing stainless steel supply lines
- Greasing valves as needed
- Field data entry for all DEP and EPA related guidelines as well as corporate tracking of performance
- Plunger installations, monitoring, and settings adjustments
- Work and coordinate well shut ins and equipment operating parameters with Production Engineer
- Ensure safe operation of all well head valves
- Perform SIMOPS tasks and inspections
- Work with Production Engineer to ensure all gas nominations are being met daily
- Work independently on sites in all weather conditions
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and operating tools daily
- Operating a snowplow as needed during seasonal needs
- Work with EHS representatives to solve environmental, health and safety concerns
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures while taking a proactive role in managing environmental, health and safety for assigned areas of responsibilities
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some Oil/Gas and well tending experience a plus
- Valid PA Driver’s license
- Able to be on call and cover after hours issues on a scheduled basis
- Must like working in the field
- Team player that can function independently
- Good mechanical skills and familiar with tools/piping
- High organizational skills and a good communicator
- Capable of problem solving and finding solutions
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America with a valid driver’s license with no restrictions to operate a company vehicle.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.