National Fuel is currently seeking a Director/Senior Manager for an outstanding career opportunity in our Tax department located in Williamsville, NY. Reporting to the Vice President of Tax, the successful candidate will oversee all tax functions and staff within the corporate Tax group. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
- Lead the Tax group, including mentoring development and management of 5-7 direct reports.
- Review and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual tax provision calculations as calculated under ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes, including analysis of effective tax rate, deferred taxes, and current taxes payable
- Review of annual federal and state corporate income tax returns, related quarterly estimated tax payment calculations, and extension calculations
- Tax planning projects designed to maximize cash flow and minimize effective tax rate
- Lead efforts to incorporate new technologies/automation into the existing tax process
- Federal and state income tax audits including preparation of responses to data requests and notices received
- Review Testing and documentation of internal controls under Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and updating tax processes and controls, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, Accounting
- At least 15 years of prior tax experience with a public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a SEC public company
- Certified Public Accountant license
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance
- Exceptional organization and analytical skills
- Prior management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Knowledge of corporate acquisitions/restructurings
- Knowledge of federal/state ratemaking/regulatory accounting
- Prior experience with CorpTax and PeopleSoft Financials
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The rate of pay for this position will be commensurate with experience.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|·Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||·Paid Company Holidays|
|·Dental Coverage||·Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|·Vision Coverage||·Tuition Reimbursement|
|·401(k) with Company Match||·Life Insurance|
|·Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||·Long Term Disability Insurance|
|·Flexible Work Schedule||·Flexible Spending Account|
|·Paid Time Off||·Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel Gas will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by May 24, 2022, to email@example.com. Please reference position #22-035NY in the subject line of your email. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.