National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
National Fuel is currently seeking to fill an internship position in the Tax Department for the Summer 2024 semester. The internship is designed to give the intern insight into the daily, monthly and quarterly activities of the Tax Department of a publicly traded energy company. The intern will have a supervisory mentor available to them to provide guidance and feedback throughout the course of the internship period. The successful candidate may:
- Assist with analysis of book to tax adjustments
- Generate Pro Forma tax returns for each subsidiary
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of plant depreciation calculations
- Prepare quarter-end account reconciliation.
- Be involved on ad-hoc teams as needed as special projects or studies arise within the department
- Jr. or Sr. undergraduate or MBA student pursuing a degree/concentration in Accounting
- Completion of two semesters of Intermediate Accounting and at least one Tax course
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- The base pay for this position is $20/hr.
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter and transcripts by December 8, 2023 to email@example.com. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.
Please reference Summer 2024 Tax Internship in the subject line of your email.