Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia. Seneca’s headquarters are located in Houston, Texas with offices in Pittsburgh, Brookville, Wellsboro and Kane, PA. Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is one of the largest producers in the basin with approximately 1,000 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The selected candidate will gain hands-on experience in the field of geoscience in the energy sector. The candidate will be directed by actively-engaged Seneca personnel and will develop an analytical project to focus on over the course of the internship period.
- Learn several aspects of Company’s geological workflow, which may include collaborating with Company geologists and/or geophysicists in operations activities, inventory support, and analytical projects.
- Develop a mutually beneficial project to work on and present at end of internship period.
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrate active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs.
- The candidate must possess a High School Diploma/GED and be pursuing a Master’s Degree in Geology, Geophysics, or Geochemistry.
- Completed courses in core areas of geoscience (structure, mineralogy, sedimentology/stratigraphy, geomorphology, etc.).
- Computer programming experience is strongly preferred.
- Basic Microsoft proficiency (Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point) is required.
- Ability to work well in a large group environment is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is important.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.APPLY NOW