Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia. Seneca’s headquarters are located in Houston, Texas with offices in Pittsburgh, Brookville, Wellsboro and Kane, PA. Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is one of the largest producers in the basin with approximately 1,000 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
Seneca Resources is currently seeking to fill an Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality (EHSQ) Intern position in its EHS department for the summer of 2024. The intern will be assigned to either Seneca’s Williamsport, PA or Mansfield, PA office location, but will spend a significant amount of time in the field. The EHSQ Intern will serve as an integral member of the EHS team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Updating safety data sheet (SDS) inventories
- Creating a regulatory pocket guide reference document encompassing both OSHA and SRC standards
- Update all field offices EAP
- Completing documented inspections of existing production pads
- Developing a listing of HAZOPs that have been completed and assessing the status of action items
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures while taking a proactive role in managing environmental, health and safety for assigned areas of responsibilities
- The candidate must be a Junior or Senior pursing a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in Environmental, Health or Safety related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Basic Microsoft proficiency (Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point) is required
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment
- Ability to work well in a large group environment is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is important
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America with a valid driver’s license with no restrictions to operate a company vehicle.
This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.