National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) is a multi-billion-dollar diversified energy company with corporate headquarters in Williamsville (Buffalo), New York and division operations in New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas. The Company holds assets that span nearly every facet of the natural gas industry, including Utility, Pipeline and Storage, and Exploration and Production. National Fuel’s history dates to the earliest days of the natural gas and oil industry in the United States, and the Company has been responsible for many industry firsts.
National Fuel is currently seeking to fill an internship position in the Accounting department for the Summer 2024 semester. The Accounting Department Internship is designed to give the intern insight into the daily, monthly, and quarterly activities of the corporate accounting department of a publicly traded energy company. The successful candidate will:
- Assist with the accounting for various subsidiaries of National Fuel Gas Company
- Work closely with staff accountants to prepare and record journal entries required for the monthly general ledger close
- Prepare quarter-end account reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of the consolidated financial statements and footnotes
- Assist with the preparation and completion of various financial regulatory reports filed with state and federal regulatory commissions
- Work in PeopleSoft general ledger software
- Jr. or Sr. undergraduate or MBA student pursuing a degree/concentration in Accounting
- Completion of two semesters of Intermediate Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- The base pay for this position is $20/hr.
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, and transcripts (preferably in PDF format) to email@example.com by December 18, 2023. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.
Please reference Summer 2024 Accounting Internship in the subject line of the email.