Summer 2021 Internship – Database/Analyst Intern
National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) is a multi-billion dollar diversified energy company with corporate headquarters in Williamsville (Buffalo), New York and division operations in New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and California. The Company holds assets that span nearly every facet of the natural gas industry, including Utility, Pipeline and Storage, Exploration and Production and Energy Marketing. National Fuel’s history dates to the earliest days of the natural gas and oil industry in the United States, and the Company has been responsible for many industry firsts. National Fuel is currently seeking to fill the internship position below in the Purchasing Department for the Summer 2021 semester.
- As part of the Company’s commitment to corporate responsibility, query energy usage data off of utility invoices stored in the PeopleSoft Financials System, and build an Excel database to enhance emissions reporting business needs
- Investigate missing data fields and data anomalies by performing research, working with operating personnel across the Company, and by contacting utility suppliers
- Collaborate with Purchasing Department personnel to help build, refine and implement a radar screen, which will provide management-level reporting on the status of procurement commodities, as well as the timeline associated with planned bidding opportunities
- Work as part of a departmental team focused on process improvement, technology modernization, and remote work enablement
- Undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree/concentration in MIS, Computer Science, Business, Economics, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or related discipline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (intermediate to advanced) or knowledgeable/open to investigating tools to assist with management-level reporting
- Ability to work with a high level of independence as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Able to learn quickly and take initiative with a strong sense of ownership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, growth mindset and positive attitude.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and simplify through design.
- Balance and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Perform all job functions remotely in a virtual environment while teleworking as well as in an office environment on a scheduled basis
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
This position is a paid internship. Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and transcripts by May 17, 2021 to:
Please reference Database/Analyst Internship – Purchasing Dept. in the subject line of your email.