STORAGE ENGINEER – WILLIAMSVILLE, NY
National Fuel is currently seeking a Storage Engineer for an outstanding career opportunity in our Information Technology department located at our corporate headquarters in Williamsville, NY. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment.
- Work collaboratively in the design, implementation and management of the Company’s electronic storage and recovery systems.
- Maintain and enhance the storage and recovery assets availability and their efficient utilization.
- Provide proactive storage forecasting in order to develop strategies to reduce storage and recovery costs over time.
- Support the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Storage and SAN infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models.
- Support complex provisioning, advanced maintenance, data replication, disaster recovery, data migration and documentation for our storage and recovery environments.
- This position requires a dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
- High level of technical expertise to support storage & recovery devices, including SAN, NAS and Backup solutions across all tiers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with strong technical competencies and extensive knowledge of SAN/NAS architecture is essential.
- A strong understanding of data storage components and protocols.
- Understanding of IT processes and best practices related to backup and recovery, and SAN technology.
- Ability and desire to research new technologies and concepts.
- Initiative, professionalism, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a cooperative team environment.
- Fast and independent learning capabilities.
- Well organized, self-motivated person with strong customer service, project, and analytical skills.
- Candidate will possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- One to three years of solid experience working in SAN/Storage/Backup Administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The rate of pay is commensurate with experience.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||· Paid Company Holidays|
|· Dental & Vision Coverage||· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|· Paid Time Off||· Tuition Reimbursement|
|· 401(k) with Company Match||· Life Insurance|
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||· Flexible Spending Account|
|· Flexible Work Schedule||· Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by May 12, 2021 to:
Please reference position #21-015NY in the subject line of your email