Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia and California. Most of Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is the third largest producer in the basin with more than 1,200 wells. Seneca’s California operations remain a steady contributor to the overall portfolio, in which this division currently manages nearly 16,000 acres and has more than 1,100 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Representative, Stakeholder Relations will perform a variety of functions involving communications and public affairs among Seneca employees, the media and the company’s external customers and partners. This position will also serve as an integral member of the Stakeholder Relations team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative support for the stakeholder relations team,
- Monitor external coverage of company and parent company in news media, social media, other internet and digital communications,
- Collect and distribute news coverage & manages service providers,
- Identify and develop opportunities for proactive outreach to nonprofit organizations or the news media, linking organizational goals and priorities,
- Research, write and edit various communication materials, including briefing and background information for internal and external use, communication plans and collateral products, articles for newsletters, publications and news releases,
- Coordinate with management to develop and update messaging materials such as brochures, informational sheets, speeches and multi-media presentations in support of company objectives and advocacy strategies,
- Monitor incidents, issues and situations that may lead to adverse media exposure,
- Manage and attend company sponsored community relations events,
- Serve as support for Public Affairs lead on various projects as necessary,
- Participate in industry associations, including representation on association committees,
- Attend association conferences, seminars, meetings and outreach events, and
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures while taking a proactive role in managing environmental, health and safety for assigned areas of responsibilities.
This position will be based in Pennsylvania in either Pittsburgh, Williamsport, Brookville, Mansfield or Wellsboro.
- Successful candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field,
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in corporate, non-profit, agency or related area required,
- Exploration & Production (E&P) industry experience a plus,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on journalistic writing and editing,
- Strong knowledge of the news media and its various elements (print, broadcast, social, digital, and internet-based),
- Must have the ability to think creatively to solve an issue or take advantage of an opportunity, maintain high productivity while balancing competing priorities and deadlines, and work effectively with leadership at various organizational levels,
- Highly organized, solution-oriented and comfortable with ambiguity and limited direct supervision and the ability to display independent initiative and enterprise, and
- Must be able to travel up to 25% and have flexibility to work weekends and evenings as required.
Successful candidate must be permanently authorized to work in United States of America without need for employment visa sponsorship.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.