Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia. Seneca’s headquarters are located in Houston, Texas with offices in Pittsburgh, Brookville, Wellsboro and Kane, PA. Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is one of the largest producers in the basin with approximately 1,000 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Sr Analyst, Special Projects will serve as an integral member of the Land Department team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide support concerning lease records reviews, inputs and maintenance; support rental payment processing.
- Provide assistance, as necessary, regarding land ownership analysis, division order preparation and analysis, company interest verification, title curative, due diligence, system input of division of interest information, JIB ownership calculations, etc.
- Provide support for Land Negotiator work involving AFE processing, Operating Agreement/Farmout Agreement/Letter Agreement (plus other, necessary Land Contracts) preparation and processing, oil and gas lease preparation and tracking well progress.
- The successful candidate must be well-versed in all aspects of the Land discipline, particularly Land Administration (DOI and Lease & Contract Analysis), Land Negotiations and Business Development, and be capable of effectively using Land System software, such as Quorum.
- As needed, interfacing with the Legal, Technical, Regulatory and Accounting teams to ensure that work responsibilities can be satisfactorily completed with their assistance.
- The successful candidate must also be able to respond quickly to changing business needs and adapt to different types of work as, by way of example, there will sometimes be a need to support the Land Administration function on one day and then a pressing need for due diligence on an acquisition the company makes the next day.
- Have an appreciation for the various local and state oil and gas rules and regulations.
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrates active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs.
- Varied Land discipline experience
- Organized and disciplined self-starter who is highly effective at being a team member
- Highest ethical and moral standards
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in the suite of MS Office software, notably Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Land System experience/expertise (e.g., Quorum) will be necessary
- This position will require a bachelor’s degree at a minimum, preferably in Business Administration. An advanced degree such as an MBA or JD is highly desirable.
- This position will call for a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in relevant oil and gas land discipline roles.
- Unconventional oil and gas play experience, especially as to the Marcellus/Utica plays in the Northeast part of the U.S. is preferable.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary, hybrid work schedule (if applicable) and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.