Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia and California. Most of Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is the third largest producer in the basin with more than 1,200 wells. Seneca’s California operations remain a steady contributor to the overall portfolio, in which this division currently manages nearly 16,000 acres and has more than 1,100 wells. The Company is furthering its delineation efforts in the Utica Shale, and acquired properties in California that will increase, and further diversify, the Company’s oil production footprint. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
Seneca Resources Corporation, is currently seeking a Sr. Payroll Analyst for its corporate office in Houston, TX. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing and analyzing of bi-weekly multi-state payroll related transactions in compliance with company policies, Sarbanes-Oxley, and all federal, state and local laws and regulations, including:
- Set-up and maintain payroll deductions, including tax withholding (federal, state, local), involuntary deductions (garnishments, etc.) and voluntary deductions (direct deposit, benefit contributions, etc.).
- Pre-audit payroll input data, audit reports and supporting documentation and verify authenticity and completeness of data.
- Track, audit, review and enter employee timesheets and effectively communicate with employees regarding time sheet errors or omissions.
- Conducting in-depth analysis of all payroll and timekeeping reports.
- Responsible for compliance with payroll related internal controls and maintaining and improving internal control procedures and process; maintain process documentation and procedures to ensure accuracy, effectiveness and reliability of the established payroll processes and controls.
- Perform payroll system testing enhancements and upgrades to validate expected functionality as designed; recommend and implement system and procedural improvements and changes.
- Initiate, lead and/or actively participate in special projects that meet the needs of customers, enhance efficiencies and streamline payroll processes and procedures.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for payroll and partner effectively with Human Resources, IT, Accounting, Audit (internal & external) and other SRC/NFG departments to ensure appropriate flow of data and reporting.
- Provide timely customer service to all levels of employees, ensuring research and responses are through and payroll inquiries are resolved.
- Compile, analyze and provide data to support internal and external audits.
- Interact with benefits administration and other members of the HR department to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Ensure proper functioning of HRIS (ADP) and timekeeping (Kronos) systems, including oversight of system design, controls, compliance and upgrades.
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrate active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field and at least 10 (ten) years of full-cycle payroll processing including payroll accounting experience.
- Advanced working experience with ADP and MS Excel is required. Experience with Kronos is highly desired.
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions to further efforts toward continuous process improvement and internal controls.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills is critical.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, a customer service focus and the ability to think critically.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to meet pre-established deadlines.
- Working knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance regulations affecting payroll processing.
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- The successful candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter, has a customer-first mindset, and works effectively as part of a team.
- The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.