National Fuel Gas is looking for a Senior Project Manager professional to lead projects and help us design and establish a world class Value Management Office (VMO) with a strong emphasis on Agility in our Information Technology department located in Williamsville, NY. As an important member of an organization undergoing an enterprise Agile transformation, this Project Management professional is expected to cultivate, grow, and maintain core principals including, but not limited to value-driven development, collaboration, adaptive planning, transparency, continuous improvement, and self-organization. If you flourish in a transformational environment and have the desire to play an impactful role in an organization, you should consider this opportunity.
National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
- Help build our first VMO by developing the methodology of how we execute projects and establish a common culture of execution by utilizing best practices, templates, tools, and repeatable processes and other elements critical to creating a high functioning VMO
- Provide hands on project management on high priority complex projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration and interaction with stakeholders
- Establish a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Identify, implement, and oversee process improvements, standards and procedures for project management to ensure the highest quality end product is delivered to customers
- Work creatively, analytically, and collaboratively with Product Owners, Development Team members, and other key stakeholders to remove roadblocks, identify and manage risks, and deliver successful projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Present project status, budget, issues, and risks to leadership level personnel through formal presentations
- Provide project management expertise and guidance in a Waterfall, Agile (Scrum and Kanban), and hybrid environment as well as provide coaching and mentoring to other staff mentors
- Serve as a liaison with project sponsors, internal customers, vendors, and business partners including facilitating communication using various methods and managing expectations with stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience managing medium to large, complex projects ($1M and greater) with at least 5 years’ experience working within an Agile Project Delivery environment
- Excellent understanding and experience in Project Methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, Hybrid) and SDLC
- Demonstrable experience with Change Management and Adoption
- Credible understanding of current technologies and domains (web, portal, low code, infrastructure, information security etc.)
- Strong leadership, diplomatic, and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology groups
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, hardworking team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience meeting with and presenting information to senior leadership
- Passion for creating a value-centric, delivery focused project management experience
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving scenario
- Agile Certifications or training preferred
- Knowledge and experience using Jira/Confluence, ServiceNow, SAP, and PeopleSoft preferred
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The rate of pay will be commensurate with experience.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|·Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||·Paid Company Holidays|
|·Dental Coverage||·Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|·Vision Coverage||·Tuition Reimbursement|
|·401(k) with Company Match||·Life Insurance|
|·Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||·Long Term Disability Insurance|
|·Flexible Work Schedule||·Flexible Spending Account|
|·Paid Time Off||· Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel Gas will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by May 23, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference position #22-028NY in the subject line of your email. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.