Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia and California. Most of Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is the third largest producer in the basin with more than 1,200 wells. Seneca’s California operations remain a steady contributor to the overall portfolio, in which this division currently manages nearly 16,000 acres and has more than 1,100 wells. The Company is furthering its delineation efforts in the Utica Shale, and acquired properties in California that will increase, and further diversify, the Company’s oil production footprint. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Representative, Stakeholder Relations will serve as an integral member of the Stakeholder Relations team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative support for the stakeholder relations team
- Monitor external coverage of company and parent company in news media, social media, other internet and digital communications
- Collect and distribute news coverage & manages service providers
- Identifies and develops opportunities for proactive outreach to nonprofit organizations or the news media, linking organizational goals and priorities
- Research, write and edit various communication materials, including briefing and background information for internal and external use, communication plans and collateral products, articles for newsletters, publications and news releases
- Coordinate with management to develop and update messaging materials such as brochures, informational sheets, speeches and multi-media presentations in support of company objectives and advocacy strategies
- Monitor incidents, issues and situations that may lead to adverse media exposure
- Serves as support or representative for Public Affairs lead on various projects as necessary
- Participate in industry associations, including representation on association committees
- Attend association conferences, seminars, meetings and outreach events
- Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field. Two (2) years’ experience in corporate, nonprofit, agency or related area also required; E&P industry also a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on journalistic writing and editing required.
- Successful candidates will also have a strong knowledge of the news media and its various elements (print, broadcast, social, digital, and internet-based).
- Candidates must also have the ability to think creatively to solve an issue or take advantage of an opportunity, maintain high productivity while balancing competing priorities and deadlines, and work effectively with leadership at various organizational levels.
- This position requires a candidate that is highly organized, solution-oriented and comfortable with ambiguity and limited direct supervision and the ability to display independent initiative and enterprise.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% and have flexibility to work weekends and evenings as required.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.APPLY NOW
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.