Seneca is seeking an experienced and highly competent marketing professional who will be able to work both independently and with direction, executing day to day marketing responsibilities and evaluating commercial risks and opportunities, all as more fully described below. The Representative, Marketing will serve as an integral member of Seneca’s marketing team. The successful candidate will be tasked with responsibilities that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work both independently and with direction, to identify and evaluate marketing opportunities and risks and present information to internal teams to support commercial recommendations and decisions.
- Participate in new deal structuring and analyzing the associated risks as it pertains to long-term transactions and deal structures.
- Work with other Seneca groups in analysis of potential land/production acquisitions.
- Analyze pipeline, gathering, and processing options for existing and prospective assets.
- Understand the commercial risk associated with existing and future firm transportation capacity and how structured transactions would impact price realizations.
- Analyze gas market price trends and prepare data, graphs and presentations to support sales recommendations.
- Accumulate market intelligence both at the regional and macro level, to support strategies to provide additional value.
- Prepare market research, analysis and presentation that distill complex contracts, risks, opportunities, market information, etc. into key components that can be understood by various levels of management.
- Perform analysis of Seneca assets resulting in recommendations to extract additional value.
- Develop industry relationships to help find/create opportunities.
- Develop and grow existing and prospective customer relationships to create business value.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop, recommend, and execute strategies for new gas sales and price conversions.
- Assist in managing trades both in the QEMS system, as well as outside of the QEMS system.
- Process daily pipeline nominations, review imbalances, and check allocated transportation quantities.
- Support other departments by providing prepared Seneca marketing data.
- Communicate with operations personnel regarding market prices, gas flow and curtailments.
- Work with the Marketing Manager and Legal Department in reviewing transportation and sales contracts.
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrate active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree and minimum of six (6) years of experience in natural gas trading/optimization/scheduling/analysis/origination/business development.
- Strong economic evaluation/analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of natural gas pipeline grid and pipeline tariffs.
- Familiar with gas sales contracts and gas transportation agreements.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and results oriented.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.Apply Now
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.