National Fuel is currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager for an outstanding career opportunity in our Purchasing department located in Buffalo, NY. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported.
- Management of six person purchasing team.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to meet the company’s material needs.
- Development of diverse supplier initiatives.
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers, negotiate contracts, and establish strong vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand material requirements and specifications.
- Monitor market trends and supplier performance to identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvements.
- Develop risk management procedures to mitigate losses in the event of product shortages.
- Conduct price and contract negotiations to secure favorable terms and pricing.
- Ensure compliance with legal, ethical, and regulatory requirements in all procurement activities.
- Manage and maintain accurate records of procurement activities, including contracts, pricing, and supplier information.
- Monitor inventory levels and coordinate with relevant departments to ensure adequate stock levels.
- Resolve any supplier-related issues or disputes in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management or a related field.
- Certified Purchasing Manager with prior management experience.
- Prior experience in project management, risk assessment and quality control.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work successfully in a deadline driven environment.
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live, work, and have 2,000+ employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The base salary range for this position is $114,000 – $132,000.
This job posting contains a pay range, which represents the range of pay that National Fuel believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting that it might be willing to pay for the posted job. The specific base pay offered to a successful applicant will be based primarily on relevant professional experience. Other components that may be considered include: individual qualifications, licensures, industry specific experience, education and market demands for specialized skills. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. Exempt positions will also be eligible for an Annual Cash Bonus Plan.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
|· Paid Company Holidays
|· Dental Coverage
|· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers
|· Vision Coverage
|· Tuition Reimbursement
|· 401(k) with Company Match
|· Life Insurance
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account
|· Long Term Disability Insurance
|· Flexible Work Schedule
|· Flexible Spending Account
|· Paid Time Off
|· Charitable Giving Programs
HOW TO APPLY
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter by March 4, 2024 to:
#23-093NY – Purchasing Manager
Please reference position #23-093NY in the subject line of your email.