National Fuel is currently seeking a Public & Media Relations Specialist for an outstanding career opportunity in our Corporate Communications department located in Williamsville, NY. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
- Create articulate, accurate and compelling written materials for executives, including news releases, corporate bios, backgrounders, remarks, articles, and online communications. Serve as a key content provider by researching and developing key messaging for initiatives and programs; writing and editing internal and external communications as well as customer communications in various mediums.
- Cultivate stories, develop and amplify newsworthy content, manage proactive media pitching and reactive media response and coordinate/facilitate interviews on behalf of National Fuel and its operating subsidiaries. Assist in needed crisis communication and issues management.
- Develop/support key campaigns and initiatives, along with our external corporate PR agencies, for consumer outreach and advocacy efforts – both internally and externally.
- Conduct interviews and write editorial features as needed; research, write and edit copy for advertising, websites, digital and print publications, social media channels, promotions and hiring announcements, byline editorial articles, talking points, reactive statements, remarks, and other PR positioning documents.
- Create and implement continuously evolving public relations and internal communications strategies, assist with employee engagement efforts, and serve as a project management liaison with departments enterprise-wide to assist with communications, outreach and marketing needs.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of an evolving energy/natural gas media landscape, consistently bringing new PR/marketing ideas and strategic thinking to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing or Communications.
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills.
- Strong verbal communication, presentation, organizational, project management, networking, and relationship-building skills.
- Proactive self-starter, adept at problem solving and proven ability to exercise sound judgement and tap gut instinct to make smart, effective decisions.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic business environment with a client service-driven mindset and deliver under pressure on tight deadlines.
- Digitally-savvy: understands changing social landscape and knows how to amplify content across online channels.
- Must be a collaborative team player, understanding individual success is driven and supported by team success.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related communications/marketing experience.
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The base salary range for this position is $60,000-$82,000.
This job posting contains a pay range, which represents the range of pay that National Fuel believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting that it might be willing to pay for the posted job. The specific base pay offered to a successful applicant will be based primarily on relevant professional experience. Other components that may be considered include: individual qualifications, licensures, industry specific experience, education and market demands for specialized skills. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. Exempt positions will also be eligible for an Annual Cash Bonus Plan.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||· Paid Company Holidays|
|· Dental Coverage||· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|· Vision Coverage||· Tuition Reimbursement|
|· 401(k) with Company Match||· Life Insurance|
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||· Long Term Disability Insurance|
|· Flexible Work Schedule||· Flexible Spending Account|
|· Paid Time Off||· Charitable Giving Programs|
|· Annual variable bonus program|
HOW TO APPLY
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by December 3, 2023 to email@example.com. Please reference position #23-094NY – Public & Media Relations Specialist in the subject line of your email. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.