Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia and California. Seneca’s headquarters are located in Houston, Texas. Most of Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is the third largest producer in the basin with more than 1,200 wells. Seneca’s California operations remain a steady contributor to the overall portfolio, in which this division currently manages nearly 16,000 acres and has more than 1,100 wells. The Company is furthering its delineation efforts in the Utica Shale, and acquired properties in California that will increase, and further diversify, the Company’s oil production footprint. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Production Technician will serve as an integral part of the production team. This position will work closely with engineers and supervisors in order to provide support in all stages of development, analysis and presentation of data using knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and other company software.
- Maintain and monitor operating expense data and perform trend analyses.
- Maintain and monitor capital spend data and perform trend analyses.
- Will be responsible for monthly data capture and analysis for both corporate and regulatory reporting, including but not limited to:
- Curtailment Reports.
- Production Impact Report.
- Monthly/Quarterly Review of kill test and pad inspections.
- Greasing records.
- Inactive Well Status.
- Emissions reports.
- Capital reports.
- Maintain production reports, trending, well tests, and identifying technical issues with data gathering.
- Import, enter and maintain operational data, create operational plots, forecast operational volumes.
- Coordinate with other departments that require Production related data to standardize implement templated reports for auto generations.
- Assist in creating curtailment reports and help engineers allocate down time to appropriate subcategories for tracking and mitigation practice implementation.
- Coordinate and manage project schedules for field data capture ensuring a timely acquisition of data as well as proper reporting from the field.
- Work closely with field staff to improve efficiencies of data capture and accuracy for improved data evaluation.
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrate active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs.
- Create innovative ways to evaluate the data collected in all aspects of the production environment; Vendor cost and evaluation, Equipment selection and performance, Emissions tracking, correlation and mitigation, artificial lift performance tracking, Production variance evaluation, workover cost evaluation and spend tracking, scheduling updates.
- Successful candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, Math, Geology, Engineering or other technology related discipline. Candidates with oil & gas experience is a plus.
- Candidates with knowledge and experience of relational database management systems (RDBMS), i.e. SQL Server, Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerBi), are preferred.
- Working knowledge of WellView, SiteView, Qlikview, Fekete, Aries, ProdView, or PowerBI is a plus.
- Experience manipulating data sets and performing analytics such as plotting trends, creating multi variable charts, manipulating MS Excel code and other functions, and the ability to utilize SQL database is a plus.
- Candidates with shale gas production analysis, performing production allocations or production reporting is highly desired.
Successful candidate must be permanently authorized to work in United States of America without need for employment visa sponsorship.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.