Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia. Seneca’s headquarters are located in Houston, Texas with offices in Pittsburgh, Brookville, Wellsboro and Kane, PA. Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is one of the largest producers in the basin with approximately 1,000 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Production District Superintendent will serve as an integral member of the Production team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Lead EHS performance in the field and ensure adherence to Seneca’s EHS standards.
- Manage and optimize production volumes in the field on a day-to-day basis through production optimization/production surveillance efforts as implemented by the production team.
- Manage and optimize LOE and major expenses in the field on a day-to-day basis through aggressive cost accounting surveillance efforts.
- Oversee measurement, tracking and reporting of KPI’s involving production, LOE costs and EHS standards.
- Oversee required inspections and data collection related to emissions and DEP requirements.
- Collaboratively develop strategies and deliverables for the production team to monitor, assess and remediate well performance, including downhole workovers, chemical programs and a wide range of artificial lift techniques.
- Find, assess and implement new technologies in conjunction with the rest of the production team, including tools, techniques and software, to improve production processes and results.
- Work collaboratively with the reservoir and asset groups to understand the effects of production procedures on reserves.
- Manage and optimize capital expenditures in the field associated with all production/well facilities projects and timelines to completion of all projects.
- Interact and communicate with Seneca’s management team regarding current production practices, well facility designs, production improvements and all other facets of production and well facilities.
- Assist in budgeting/forecasting of production volumes, capital needs and major expense/LOE costs.
- Set priorities for well, well facility and construction operations.
- Work collaboratively across other operating areas within Seneca in order to share best practices and support Company initiatives.
- Partner with Supply Chain to negotiate vendor contracts associated with production and well facilities activities.
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrates active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs.
- Strong computer skills, risk analysis skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of personnel and external vendors is a plus.
- High School Diploma/GED. Associates degree or higher are preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience.
- Experience working with horizontal and vertical well production techniques in an active resource play oriented operating company is required.
- Design and implementation of production optimization technique experience in unconventional resource plays is critical.
- This position is a DOT-covered function and must comply with all applicable DOT requirements.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.