National Fuel is currently seeking a full-time Payroll Specialist for an outstanding career opportunity in our Payroll Department located at our corporate office in Williamsville, New York. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
- Provide administrative support to the Payroll Manager
- Preparing and balancing multi-state payroll runs
- Maintaining records relative to employee status and rate(s) of pay
- Preparation of reconciliation reports
- Preparation of reports for tax purposes and year-end reporting
- Responding to internal inquiries regarding rates of pay, time reporting, etc.
- Other payroll related functions including filing, scanning and general administrative duties
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience in payroll or accounting functions
- Working knowledge of payroll processing and familiarity with Department of Labor and IRS regulations (as they pertain to payroll) is required
- Successfully perform in a time sensitive, deadline driven environment and must possess exceptional analytical skills
- Attention to detail, excellent communication, and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel – intermediate to advance
- Professional and positive attitude, team player, and ability to handle confidential information
- Associate degree in Business Administration/Accounting or a related field is preferred, but not required
- Experience with HRIS payroll system, specifically PeopleSoft (Oracle) is desired
- Previous exposure/experience working with and interpreting collective bargaining agreements preferred
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay of $22.12, after 6 months $23.57, and after 1 year $25.27.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||· Paid Sick Time|
|· Dental & Vision Coverage||· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|· 401(k) with Company Match||· Tuition Reimbursement|
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||· Life Insurance|
|· Paid Vacation||· Flexible Spending Account|
|· Paid Company Holidays||· Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY:
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) to email@example.com by September 27, 2022. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.
Please reference position #22-080NY – Payroll Specialist in the subject line of your email