National Fuel is currently seeking a Network Architect for an outstanding career opportunity in our Information Technology department located at our corporate headquarters in Williamsville, NY. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment.
- Responsible for the planning, designing, implementation, and monitoring of server & network infrastructure including hardware and software, LAN, WAN, and Host based internetworking.
- Design server and network infrastructure: plan and manage installation of routing and switching topologies, server and network operating systems, directory services, communication protocols, and network management technologies (SNMP, Packet Traces, etc.).
- Participate in project team activities and architectural planning sessions.
- Provide technology support: troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems; alert management, help desk team, and other IT groups when sensitive issues arise or a major problem is suspected; minimize client productivity loss caused by technology outages, and proactively define the infrastructure necessary for clients to meet their business needs
- Monitor and control infrastructure performance in the areas of response, throughput and availability: proactively research and locate the necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends before they develop; analyze and predict trends and develop a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; participate in capacity planning; maintain high service levels for the user community, and establish a method to easily compare the installation performance against established performance objectives
- Research, design, and implement best practice security measures to safeguard information, software, and hardware against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure based on the corporate security policy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a computer related discipline.
- The preferred candidate will possess an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of the day-to-day practices, procedures, methods and routines of:
- Linux – RedHat and Oracle Versions 6, 7, & 8 – Experience with Installation, Configuration, Patching, and Management.
- Windows Server 2012 – 2019 – Experience in managing all aspects Windows Servers and a Microsoft Domain architecture. Experience with AzureAD a plus.
- VMWare – System Architecture, Server builds and Patching
- CISCO – Catalyst and Nexus platform support experience preferred.
- Patching – Hardware and Software, Oracle Linux & RedHat (Satellite, Ansible, Tower), Windows Servers (WSUS), and Network (CISCO Prime)
- Firewalls – CISCO ASA, VMWare NSX
- Initiative, professionalism, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a cooperative team environment.
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The rate of pay is commensurate with experience.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||· Paid Company Holidays|
|· Dental & Vision Coverage||· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|· Paid Time Off||· Tuition Reimbursement|
|· 401(k) with Company Match||· Life Insurance|
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||· Flexible Spending Account|
|· Flexible Work Schedule||· Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by August 10, 2021 to:
Please reference position #21-038NY in the subject line of your email.