METER READER – JAMESTOWN, NY
National Fuel has an immediate, full-time opening for a Meter Reader in our Operations Department at our Jamestown Service Center located at 1384 Peck Settlement Road, Jamestown, NY 14701. If you have experience working outdoors, some mechanical aptitude, good customer service experience, and want to work year round at a stable company, then we invite you to consider applying. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
• Accurately and efficiently read residential and commercial gas meters
• Manually input meter readings in a handheld computer device
• Work outdoors extensively in all types of weather and walk for long distances
• Handle customer inquiries and perform collection work
• Identify and report meter irregularities and report safety hazards
• Work in potentially hazardous environments such as dark basements, roof tops or industrial facilities
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• The ability to drive a small company truck or van
• Basic literacy is required. Have the ability to read, accurately interpret and analyze written information, and legibly prepare written documentation
• Available to work a flexible work schedule Monday through Saturday between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm.
• Have access to a vehicle for work use
• The ideal candidate should be self-motivated
• Possess excellent customer service skills
• Proven track record of good attendance and committed to work place safety
• Good communication and computer/data entry skills
• Plumbing and heating experience
• Operate a mini excavator
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay of $17.00 plus daily incentive pay based on the number of meters read.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
• Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage • Paid Sick Time
• Dental Coverage • Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers
• 401(k) with Company Match • Life Insurance
• Company Funded Retirement Savings Account • Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Vacation • Charitable Giving Programs
• Paid Company Holidays
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes medicinal or recreational marijuana. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by December 1, 2021 to:
Jamestown Meter Reader – Position #21-079NY
Please reference position #21-079NY– Jamestown Meter Reader in the subject line of your email
NATIONAL FUEL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED BASIS.