Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia. Seneca’s headquarters are located in Houston, Texas with offices in Pittsburgh, Brookville, Wellsboro and Kane, PA. Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is one of the largest producers in the basin with approximately 1,000 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Land Negotiations Manager will serve as an integral member of the Land team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing day-to-day leadership to the Land Department staff, ensuring their performance can be optimized as a result of guidance, mentorship and training
- Helping in the assessment of the needs of the Department with respect to staff development and implementing strategies to ensure staff are aligned with Departmental expectations
- Ensuring that all staff utilize available technology in their roles to improve their individual performance and align the Department with Company goals and objectives
- Assisting in overseeing various Land activities, including, but not limited to, the acquisition of oil and gas leases, conducting acreage trades, reviewing and clearing title, negotiating contracts, and the drafting of the various documents for such Land activities
- Managing and overseeing the Land Negotiations team in conducting agreement and title analysis, agreement negotiations, and drafting various types of agreements in support of the Company’s drilling and operational plans. Examples of such agreements would include, but not be limited to, oil and gas leases, exploration agreements, purchase and sale agreements, operating agreements, farm-in/farmout agreements, surface agreements, and other industry agreements necessary to support operations and new ventures
- As needed, interfacing with the Legal, Technical and Regulatory teams regarding the Company’s drilling and operational plans and schedule
- Interacting with the Accounting and Finance teams regarding, as applicable, payments, royalty matters, DOIs, revenue receipts and JIB obligations and requirements
- As applicable, assist with Business Development issues, as to identifying opportunities, evaluations, competitor intelligence, commercial solutions, and due diligence
- Be highly familiar with respect to the AAPL Model-610 Form Operating Agreement and be able to mentor and train Land personnel in the nuances of the document and the implications to the Company if the Company is a party to an Operating Agreement
- Understanding various local and state oil and gas rules and regulations
- Ensuring that rigorous records for the Company’s oil and gas leases are maintained, as to status and for acreage reporting purposes. Additionally, as to the Company’s contracts, ensuring that all terms and obligations are accounted for and adequately communicated to Management
- Being a proponent for the Department and emphasizing support for personnel development, from a personal and professional perspective
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures in order to achieve environmental, health and safety excellence and ensuring that staff are taking a proactive leadership role in managing EHSQ for assigned areas of responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration
- An advanced degree, such as an MBA and/or a JD, with an accompanying CPL designation, is highly desirable
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of industry experience with significant exposure to U.S. onshore oil and gas land work.
- Unconventional oil and gas experience, especially as to the Marcellus/Utica shale plays in the Northeast part of the U.S.
- Strong leadership skills and must be able to effectively multi-task given the array of responsibilities for which the individual will be held responsible
- General knowledge effectiveness of Quorum Land Management software.
- Proficient in the suite of Microsoft Office software, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Organized, disciplined self-starter who is also highly effective at being a team member
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary, hybrid work schedule and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.