GENERAL FITTER – Elk, PA
National Fuel is currently seeking a General Fitter for an outstanding career opportunity in our Customer Service department at our Elk Service Center. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a proven track record of good attendance, and committed to work place safety. The typical work schedule for this position is Monday – Friday from 12:30 pm – 9:00 pm and could include weekends and overtime. Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and the ability to drive a small company truck or van. Applicants must live within 20 miles or a 30 minute commute of the Elk Service Center located at 2093 State Street, St. Mary’s, PA 15857 or be willing to relocate.
• Installing and changing meters, reading meters, and performing collection work
• Turn gas on and off and investigate leak complaints
• Perform routine maintenance on the pipeline system
• Keeps all necessary operating records
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Demonstrated mechanical ability
• Excellent customer service/communication skills
• Basic literacy is required. Ability to read, legibly prepare written documentation and have the ability to accurately interpret and analyze written information
• Basic computer skills needed
• The physical capability to work outdoors in all types of weather and the ability to work in and around hazards and difficult to reach areas is also required
• Experience in plumbing, heating, and/or air conditioning
• Operating an excavator
• Knowledge of gas appliance operation
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay of $22.15 plus a $1.00/hr shift premium.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
• Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
• Paid Sick Time
• Dental Coverage
• Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company Funded Retirement Savings Account
• Life Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Company Holidays
• Charitable Giving Programs
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes medicinal or recreational marijuana. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via email (preferably in PDF format) by
September 27, 2021 to:
Position #21-063PA – General Fitter
Please reference position #21-063PA – General Fitter in the subject line of your email.
NATIONAL FUEL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED BASIS