National Fuel is currently seeking a General Fitter for an outstanding career opportunity in our Customer Service department located at our Oil City Service Center in Oil City, PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a proven track record of good attendance, and committed to workplace safety. The typical work schedule for this position is Tuesday – Saturday from 8:00am to 4:30pm and could include weekends and overtime. Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and the ability to drive a small company truck or van. Applicants must live within a 20 – mile radius of the Oil City Service Center, located at 1 Relief Street, Oil City PA 16301 or be willing to relocate.
- Installing and changing meters, reading meters, and performing collection work
- Turn gas on and off and investigate leak complaints
- Perform routine maintenance on the pipeline system
- Perform line locating
- Keeps all necessary operating records
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Basic literacy is required. Ability to read, accurately interpret and analyze written information as well as legibly prepare written documentation
- Basic computer skills needed
- The physical capability to walk long distances, work outdoors in all types of weather and the ability to work in and around hazardous and difficult to reach areas
- Experience in plumbing, heating, and/or air conditioning
- Operating an excavator
- Knowledge of gas appliance operation
- Basic computer knowledge for work order documentation
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay starting at $30.89, after 6 months $31.89, and after 1 year $32.89.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||· Paid Sick Time|
|· Dental Coverage||· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|· 401(k) with Company Match||· Tuition Reimbursement|
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||· Life Insurance|
|· Paid Vacation||· Flexible Spending Account|
|· Paid Company Holidays||· Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes medicinal or recreational marijuana. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) to email@example.com by February 2, 2023. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.
Please reference position 23-009PA– General Fitter in the subject line of your email.