National Fuel is currently seeking a Gas Systems Technician/Equipment Operator (mini-excavator) for an outstanding career opportunity in our Construction department located at our Oil City Service Center located in Oil City, Pennsylvania. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
Gas System Technicians/Equipment Operators will be responsible for the installation and replacement of gas mains and services as well as the operation of excavation equipment, primarily a Loader/Hoe or a mini-excavator. In addition, Gas System Technicians/Equipment Operators will also:
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Use vacuum excavation and/or a hand shovel to dig around existing utility structures
- Perform plastic pipe fusion, pipe threading, and fitting
- Perform minor vehicle upkeep and lubrication
- Maintain manual and electronic operating records
- Perform safety checks on customer appliances
- Assist in emergency leak response
- Prior experience operating a mini excavator/loader/backhoe or similar construction equipment and digging around utilities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Prior construction/laborer experience including the operation of a Loader/Hoe or mini-excavator
- The physical capability to work outdoors in all types of weather and the ability to work in and around hazards and difficult to reach areas is required.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Basic computer skills and literacy is required. Ability to read, accurately interpret and analyze written information and legibly prepare written documentation
- Prior experience in the gas industry with Operator qualifications
Candidates must be able to work the following schedule:
Monday – Friday 8am – 430pm
This shift could also include after-hours, call outs, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Applicants must live within a 20 – mile radius of the Oil City Service Center located at 1 Relief St, Oil City PA 16301 or be willing to relocate.
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with a starting rate of pay of $32.89, 6 months $34.76, and 1 year $35.76.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||· Paid Sick Time|
|· Dental Coverage||· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|· 401(k) with Company Match||· Tuition Reimbursement|
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||· Life Insurance|
|· Paid Vacation||· Flexible Spending Account|
|· Paid Company Holidays||· Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes medicinal or recreational marijuana. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) to email@example.com by December 11, 2023. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.
Please reference position #23-064PA – Equipment Operator (mini-excavator) in the subject line of your email