National Fuel is looking for qualified and dedicated people to help us further improve the efficiency and quality of our services while providing our customers with outstanding service. We currently have Gas System Technician / Equipment Operator positions available. Candidates must be available to work in the Buffalo Metropolitan Area as well as other locations within our Western New York service territory. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
A Gas System Technician / Equipment Operator will work as part of a two person construction crew and will be responsible for the installation of gas mains and services as well as the operation of excavation equipment, primarily a Loader/Hoe or a mini-excavator. In addition, the Gas System Technician / Equipment Operator will assist in other excavation, installation and maintenance operations that include:
- manual excavation
- plastic pipe fusion
- mechanical fitting work
- lubrication and minor vehicle upkeep
- maintain manual and electronic operating records
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Prior experience in the operation of a Loader/Hoe
- The physical capability to work outdoors in all types of weather and the ability to work in and around hazards and difficult to reach areas is required.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Basic literacy is required. Ability to read, legibly prepare written documentation and have the ability to accurately interpret and analyze written information
- Basic computer skills
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a proven track record of good attendance, and committed to work place safety. Candidates must be able to work a flexible work schedule Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm. The work shift could also include off hours, weekends, holidays, overtime, and a midnight shift.
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with a starting rate of pay of $26.95, after 6 months $28.12, and after 1 year $29.87.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid Sick Time
- Dental Coverage
- Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Funded Retirement Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Company Holidays
- Charitable Giving Programs
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes marijuana, even if prescribed for medicinal purposes. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by December 1, 2020 to:
Please reference position #20-026NY – Gas System Technician / Equipment Operator in the subject line of your email