National Fuel has an immediate, full-time opening for a Gas System Technician/Equipment Operator in our Operations Department at our Sharon Service Center located in Clark, Pennsylvania. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
- Install, replace and repair gas mainlines and services, as well as document built sketches of work performed.
- Operation of excavation equipment, primarily a loader/hoe or a mini-excavator, but also a vacuum excavator and/or a hand shovel to dig around existing utility structures
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Perform plastic pipe fusion, pipe threading, and fitting
- Perform minor vehicle upkeep and lubrication
- Maintain manual and electronic operating records
- Emergency leak response
- Available to travel to work on capital construction jobs in other NFG service centers when necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Prior construction/laborer experience including the operation of a loader/hoe or mini-excavator
- The physical capability to work outdoors in all types of weather and the ability to work in and around hazards and difficult to reach areas is required.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Basic literacy is required. Ability to read, accurately interpret and analyze written information and legibly prepare written documentation
- Basic computer skills
- Prior experience in the gas industry with Operator qualifications
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a proven track record of good attendance, and committed to work place safety. Candidates must be able to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. The work shift could also include after hour call outs, weekends, holidays, and overtime. Applicants must live within a 20 – mile radius of the Sharon Service Center located at 3505 Valleyview Road, Clark, PA 16113 or be willing to relocate.
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay starting at $31.87, after 6 months $32.87, and after 1 year $33.87.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||· Paid Sick Time|
|· Dental Coverage||· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|· 401(k) with Company Match||· Tuition Reimbursement|
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||· Life Insurance|
|· Paid Vacation||· Flexible Spending Account|
|· Paid Company Holidays||· Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes medicinal or recreational marijuana. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 9, 2022. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.
Please reference position #22-038PA– Sharon Equipment Operator in the subject line of your email.