National Fuel has an immediate, full-time openings for Gas Systems Technicians/Equipment Operators in our Operations Department at our Oil City Service Center located in Oil City, Pennsylvania. If you have a general understanding of construction principles, experience working outdoors, customer service experience, and want to work year round at a stable company, then we invite you to consider applying. All new employees will receive paid on-the-job training to help ensure their success.
- Equipment Operators will be responsible for the installation of gas mains and services as well as the operation of excavation equipment, primarily a Loader/Hoe or a mini-excavator. In addition, Equipment Operators will also:
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Use vacuum excavation and/or a hand shovel to dig around existing utility structures
- Document as built sketches
- Perform plastic pipe fusion, pipe threading, and fitting
- Perform minor vehicle upkeep and lubrication
- Maintain manual and electronic operating records
- Emergency leak response
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Prior construction/laborer experience including the operation of a Loader/Hoe or mini-excavator
- The physical capability to work outdoors in all types of weather and the ability to work in and around hazards and difficult to reach areas is required.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Available to travel and work on capital construction jobs in other NFG service centers when necessary
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Basic computer skills and literacy is required. Ability to read, accurately interpret and analyze written information and legibly prepare written documentation
- Prior experience in the gas industry with Operator qualifications
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a proven track record of good attendance, and committed to work place safety. Candidates must be able to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. The work shift could also include off hours, weekends, holidays, and overtime. Applicants must live within 20 miles or a 30 minute commute of the Oil City Service Center located at 1 Relief Street, Oil City, PA or be willing to relocate.
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with a starting rate of pay of $24.95/hour.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid Sick Time
- Dental Coverage
- Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Company Funded Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Vacation
- Charitable Giving Programs
- Paid Company Holidays
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes medicinal or recreational marijuana. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format if emailing) by June 24th, 2021 to:
GST/Equipment Operator – #21-042PA
Please reference position #21-042PA – GST/Equipment Operator in the subject line of your email