Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia. Seneca’s headquarters are located in Houston, Texas with offices in Pittsburgh, Brookville, Wellsboro and Kane, PA. Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is one of the largest producers in the basin with approximately 1,000 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Environmental, Health & Safety Representative will serve as an integral member of the EHS team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide EHS advice, guidance and support to operations personnel and activities including:
- Ensuring safe and environmentally responsible work practices among employees and contractors
- Responding to internal and external requests on EHS policies and procedures
- Working with contractor safety personnel to bring contractor safety programs in alignment with Seneca expectations
- Conducting incident/near miss investigations including development/implementation of corrective actions
- Participate in and assist with risk assessment processes including HAZID, HAZOP, and SimOps
- Facilitate pre-job/pre-startup safety reviews between multiple departments and contractors
- Execute EHS audits including: inspect equipment and facilities, document and address deficiencies using several internal and external resources based on severity of deficiency and report completion and submission
- Assist in development of training materials and train applicable personnel in EHS programs
- Participate in a full range of EHS activities, as needed, including: emergency response, document/program creation/revision, EHS communications, public/industry outreach, etc.
- Continuously improve Seneca EHSQ performance through validation that safety management systems techniques are being properly implemented
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrate active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs
- Bachelor’s degree in safety science or similar field required; additional direct experience in oil and gas may be substituted for degree
- 0-2 years’ experience required
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and industry best practices
- Understanding of hazard assessment and control techniques/methods, operational understanding of natural gas development/production processes and equipment
- Ability to collaborate significantly with internal parties and contractors
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America with a valid driver’s license with no restrictions to operate a company vehicle.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary, hybrid work schedule and a comprehensive benefits package.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.