National Fuel is currently seeking an Environmental Coordinator/Engineer for an outstanding career opportunity in our Engineering department. National Fuel is looking to hire a qualified individual to cover job responsibilities in either Williamsville, NY or Erie, PA dependent on candidate location. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
- Serves as single point of contact for communications with various regulatory agencies (FERC, PA DEP, PA DCNR, PA F&BC, NY DEC, NY NHP, NY DA&M, USFWS, USACOE, etc.)
- Oversees the preparation of FERC Filings and the acquisition of environmental permits necessary for multiple construction tasks of natural gas pipelines facilities.
- Reviews and prepares Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements.
- Coordinates required clearances for Threatened & Endangered Species Habitat Assessments and Archeological & Historical studies.
- Maintains Projects Status Report detailing the status of all required environmental permits, plans, clearances, studies and schedules.
- Performs Quality Control inspections to insure compliance with permit conditions, plans and procedures.
- Conduct environmental training for construction and project support personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental or related engineering field (forestry, biology, or physical sciences)
- Ability to interpret and apply of regulatory orders, and standards for natural gas pipeline facilities
- Application of construction codes/specifications and environmental, cultural and biological principles & practices
- Proficiency in scoping, estimating, competitive bidding, and cost control
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Project
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, proven technical abilities and strong computer skills
- Exceptional time management, negotiating and multi-tasking abilities
- Knowledge of FERC, EPA, NY & PA state environmental regulations
- At least 5 years’ experience in permitting, plan writing & environmental studies
- Formal training in erosion control, site restoration, plant & wildlife species and habitats, wetland identification and delineations, spill prevention, containment and control is preferred
- Previous experience with the construction, operation and maintenance of natural gas pipeline facilities
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The rate of pay for this position will be commensurate with experience.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Funded Retirement Savings Account
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Charitable Giving Programs
HOW TO APPLY
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes marijuana, even if prescribed for medicinal purposes. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by March 15, 2021 to:
#21-020PA – Environmental Coordinator/Engineer
Please reference position #21-020PA in the subject line of your email.