National Fuel has an immediate, full-time opening for an Electronic Technician in our Operations Department at our Concord Compressor Station located in Springville, NY. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
- Implementation and maintenance of electrical power circuits and equipment, control and automation systems, and electronic equipment used in pipeline systems and compressor stations
- Installation, inspection, maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of electronic equipment such as telemetering, programmable logic controllers (including Allen-Bradley), modems, transducers, sensing devices, radio & satellite equipment, remote terminal units, computer interface equipment and cabling
- Maintain power distribution systems including motor control centers, UPS, generators, and variable frequency drives
- Provide coverage for electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and control logic systems for natural gas-powered engines and turbines as well as reciprocating and centrifugal gas compressors. Provide inspection for construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties for compliance with safety, regulatory requirements, and NEC (National Electrical Code)
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in Electronics or have equivalent work experience
- Have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to various work locations throughout the day
- Demonstrated experience and a thorough knowledge of NFPA, National Electrical Code, single & three phase systems, digital & analog electronics, electronic test equipment, wiring methods and safety practices
- Proven technical abilities, mechanical aptitude, the ability to quickly solve problems, and strong computer skills for diagnostics and installation of equipment
- Possess outstanding leadership skills to take a leading role in electrical and automation systems
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather and the ability to work in and around hazards
- Live within a reasonable commute of our Concord Compressor Station located at 5510 Genesee Rd Springville, NY 14141 or be willing to relocate. Candidates may be given 6 months from their hire date to permanently relocate
- Availability to work Monday through Friday from 8:00 am and 4:30 pm and may include occasional overtime work off hours, weekends, and holidays
- Previous experience working as an Electronic Technician
- Demonstrated work experience in electronic automation control systems a plus
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with a starting hourly rate of $39.20/hr, after 6 mos $40.20/hr, and an increase to $41.20/hr after a year.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||· Paid Company Holidays|
|· Dental Coverage||· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|· 401(k) with Company Match||· Life Insurance|
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||· Flexible Spending Account|
|· Paid Vacation & Sick Time||· Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes medicinal or recreational marijuana. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by June 9, 2023 to email@example.com. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.
Please reference position #23-005NY – Concord Electronic Technician in the subject line of your email.