National Fuel is currently seeking an Electronic Technician for an outstanding career opportunity in our Operations Department in West Seneca, NY. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
An Electronic Technician is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of electrical power circuits and equipment, control and automation systems, and electronic equipment used in pipeline systems, compressor stations, as well as interconnect and measurement facilities. Responsibilities will include:
- Installation, inspection, maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of electronic equipment such as telemetering, programmable logic controllers (including Allen-Bradley), modems, transducers, sensing devices, radio & satellite equipment, remote terminal units, computer interface equipment and cabling.
- Maintain power distribution systems including motor control centers, UPS, generators, and variable frequency drives.
- Provide coverage for electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and control logic systems for natural gas powered engines and turbines as well as reciprocating and centrifugal gas compressors. Provide inspection for construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties for compliance with safety, regulatory requirements, and NEC (National Electrical Code).
- Work with multiple departments to maintain and improve the reliability of company facilities.
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in Electronics or have equivalent work experience and a valid driver’s license.
- Have demonstrated experience and a thorough knowledge of NFPA National Electrical Code, single & three phase systems, digital & analog electronics, electronic test equipment, wiring methods and safety practices.
- Have proven technical abilities, mechanical aptitude, the ability to quickly solve problems, and strong computer skills for diagnostics and installation of equipment.
- Possess outstanding leadership and supervisory skills to take a leading role in electrical and automation systems.
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather and the ability to work in and around hazards and difficult to reach areas. The ability to successfully work independently as well as within a team environment is required.
- Live within a reasonable commute of our Mineral Springs, NY location at 365 Mineral Springs Rd, Buffalo, NY 14210 or be willing to relocate. Candidates may be given 6 months from their hire date to permanently relocate.
- Availability to work Monday through Friday from 8:00 am and 4:30 pm and may include off hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous experience working as an Electronic Technician
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay of $32.79.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid Sick Time
- Dental Coverage
- Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Funded Retirement Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Company Holidays
- Charitable Giving Programs
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes marijuana, even if prescribed for medicinal purposes. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by November 26, 2020 to:
Electronic Technician – #20-046NY
Please reference position #20-046NY – Electronic Technician in the subject line of your email