Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia. Seneca’s headquarters are located in Houston, Texas with offices in Pittsburgh, Brookville, Wellsboro and Kane, PA. Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is one of the largest producer in the basin with approximately 1,000 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Division of Interest Supervisor will serve as an integral member of the Land team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Researching and analyzing leases and contracts, including ownership set-up for new wells and determining working interest and net revenue interest in wells or other projects.
- Determining working interest and net revenue interest in units across the company’s development area.
- Providing day-to-day leadership to the DOI staff.
- Monitoring and assisting in all types of Land activities, especially in support of the company’s drilling and operational plans.
- Interacting with the Land Negotiations team in Brookville, PA to ensure alignment with respect to calculating all the applicable interests related to the wells that are drilled within our development area and all units formed within the development area of the Company.
- Assisting in the assessment of the DOI aspect of the Department and helping implement strategies to address recognized needs, including departmental improvements, talent development, technology assessment and utilization, and the assessment and understanding of the need for processes and controls.
- As needed, interfacing with the Legal, Technical and Regulatory teams to ensure that all DOI actions are aligned with the Company’s drilling and operational plans.
- Interfacing with the Accounting and Finance teams regarding, as applicable, payments, royalty matters, DOIs, revenue receipts and JIB obligations and requirements.
- Understanding various local and state oil and gas rules and regulations.
- Maintaining rigorous records for leases, as to status and acreage reporting; contracts, as to terms and obligations; and DOI decks, as to accuracy and completeness.
- Being a proponent for the Department and emphasizing support for personnel development, from a personal and professional perspective.
- Learns, promotes and supports Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures in order to achieve environmental, health and safety excellence and ensuring that staff are taking a proactive leadership role in managing EHSQ for assigned areas of responsibility.
- The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and must be able to effectively multi-task given the array of responsibilities that for which the individual will be held responsible.
- Organized, disciplined self-starter who is also highly effective at being a team member.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Experienced and highly proficient in the use of Quorum Land Management software and understand the utilization and effectiveness of such software.
- Proficient in the suite of Microsoft Office software, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration. An advanced degree, such as an MBA and/or a JD, with an accompanying CDOA/CPL designation, is highly desirable.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of industry experience with significant exposure to U.S. onshore oil and gas land work.
- Unconventional oil and gas play experience, especially as to the Marcellus/Utica shale plays in the Northeast part of the U.S.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is eligible for a hybrid schedule (office/work from home). This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.