Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia and California. Most of Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is the third largest producer in the basin with more than 1,200 wells. Seneca’s California operations remain a steady contributor to the overall portfolio, in which this division currently manages nearly 16,000 acres and has more than 1,100 wells. The Company is furthering its delineation efforts in the Utica Shale, and acquired properties in California that will increase, and further diversify, the Company’s oil production footprint. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Developer, Automation & SCADA will serve as an integral member of the team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) utilizing ladder logic for automation of processes, field equipment and instrumentation.
- Manage SCADA software systems as they pertain to capturing field data measurements from production related assets (i.e. Wells, Water Tanks, RTUs, Compressors, Generators, Gas Processing Facilities, etc.).
- Program Human Machine Interface (HMI) screens for displaying real time process data, acknowledging alarms, controlling set points.
- Configure and program industrial automation protocol translators and data loggers to communicate with various types of PLCs and RTUs.
- Program, configure, deploy and maintain SCADA objects in SCADA system that model field assets.
- Evaluate and review, technical and process documentation/designs related to process automation.
- Program, configure and maintain alarm management systems which monitor and report status on field assets.
- Document as-built configurations, including electrical, wire diagrams, P&ID, source code.
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures while taking a proactive role in managing environmental, health, and safety for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Must possess High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 (five) years of industrial automation, measurement, or communications experience, not necessarily in the oil and gas industry.
- Must have a minimum of 3 (three) years of experience with programming PLCs.
- Must be currently and permanently authorized to work in United States of America.
*Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to provide proof upon hire.
- Knowledge and experience programming HMIs, or SCADA applications.
- Knowledge and experience of Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC Programming, ABB TotalFlow software (PCCU, WinCCU, TDS32 OPC, WinCPC), Red Lion Crimson Development, OPC, Wonderware System Platform.
- Knowledge and experience of VFD’s.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.