National Fuel is currently seeking full-time Customer Service Representatives for an outstanding career opportunity at our Williamsville, New York Response Center. Customer Service Representatives are responsible for responding to customer inquiries via telephone in a call center environment. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
- Candidates interested in the position must be available to work a flexible work schedule, Monday – Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- The successful candidate for this position will join a training class that will last for approximately 12-14 weeks during which time customer service skills are regularly evaluated.
- Customer Service Representatives work in a fast-paced call center environment that receives thousands of inbound calls each day from utility customers in our New York service territory.
- The nature of the calls received varies widely and can involve emergency calls, account/billing questions, meter reads, new service requests and collections issues among other inquiries.
- Due to the volume of calls received and to enhance the level of service we provide to our customers, all customer calls are recorded.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience and demonstrated success working in a customer service focused environment
- Proficiency with computers and web-based programs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, an understanding and compassionate nature, and be adept at identifying customer needs in a helpful, patient, and expeditious manner
- Proven history of dependability and reliability
- Previous experience working in a call center environment a plus but not required
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay of $21.63, after 6 months $23.05, and after 1 year $24.71.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Funded Retirement Savings Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Company Holidays
- Vision Coverage
- Paid Sick Time
- Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Charitable Giving Programs
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes marijuana, even if prescribed for medicinal purposes. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by March 9, 2021 to:
Please reference position #21-008NY in the subject line of your email.