National Fuel is currently seeking an Automation & Electrical Engineer for an outstanding career opportunity in the Engineering Services department at our Williamsville, NY office. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
- Project management and technical guidance for the design and implementation of projects associated with pipeline, measurement, process, and compression activities
- Participate in project scopes, bid specifications, cost estimates, project design, material procurement, drawing review, project inspection and technical assistance during construction and commissioning and processing of job completion requirements for electrical and automation related projects
- Interact extensively with various departments, vendors, engineering firms, and construction companies.
- Design, support, and evaluate automation and control systems to ensure efficient and safe facility and pipeline operations. Participate in start-up and commissioning as well as resolution of open issues
- Provide direct support and guidance for programmable logic controllers (PLC), distributed process control systems (DCS), human machine interfaces (HMI), Historian data logging and reporting, and associated instrumentation
- Participate in the development of process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s), electrical and automation drawings
- Electrical design including power systems, integration of classified areas, conduit and cable to ensure code compliance
- Design and installation of telemetering systems for integration into the SCADA system
- Oversight of electricians/field technicians on new installations and in equipment troubleshooting. Direct interaction, coordination, and communication with Automation & Electrical Specialists
- Collaboration with stakeholders to apply current system security engineering methods, practices and technologies to the architecture, design, development, evaluation, and integration of operational technology (OT) systems and networks to maintain appropriate security and risk mitigation
- Provide support on a variety of projects including sustainability, emissions reductions, technology enhancements. Embracing innovation and establishing new standards for new systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology; ABET accredited
- A minimum of 8 years prior experience in Controls and Automation Engineering, though candidates with at least 4 years of relevant experience are also strongly encouraged to apply
- Experience in PLC programming and HMI based control systems, as well as communication and network systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills, proven technical abilities and strong computer skills
- Ability to successfully work independently as well as within a team environment
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Knowledge of EPA, FERC, NYDEC & PADEP and other state environmental regulations
- Prior project management experience
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The rate of pay for this position will be commensurate with experience. National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||· Paid Company Holidays|
|· Dental Coverage||· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|· Vision Coverage||· Tuition Reimbursement|
|· 401(k) with Company Match||· Life Insurance|
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||· Long Term Disability Insurance|
|· Flexible Work Schedule||· Flexible Spending Account|
|· Paid Time Off||· Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes marijuana, even if prescribed for medicinal purposes. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by February 5, 2023 to email@example.com. Please reference position #22-073NY-Automation & Electrical Engineer in the subject line of your email. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.