Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia and California. Most of our investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is the third largest producer in the basin with more than 1,200 wells. Seneca’s California operations are a steady contributor to the overall portfolio, in which this division currently manages nearly 16,000 acres and has more than 1,100 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Title Analyst will serve as an integral member of the Land team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Examine and analyze compiled abstracts of title and title opinions to verify surface and subsurface ownership and ensure that the title to a property has no liens or restrictions that may prevent development
- Meet construction and drilling deadlines regarding surface and subsurface ownership
- Identify title deficiencies and report issues to senior management and provide curative recommendations and support
- Oversee the ordering of abstract of title and title opinions
- Clear titles for newly-acquired leases to land administration for payment
- Clear titles in the AFE processes
- Ensure that title to a property in question has no restrictions that may prevent or hinder its use for a project (drilling, surface uses, etc.)
- Provide title research and support to our in-house landman staff and other departments
- Prepare surface, oil, gas and mineral ownership reports
- Research Seneca Resources fee and leasehold ownership
- Research easements, rights of way, and pipeline ownerships
- Determine what liens encumber fee and leasehold ownership, to include mortgages, liens, judgements and delinquent real estate taxes
- Proof legal documents prior to execution
- Review all documents and title work for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare title-related correspondence (both internal and external, for example, to outside counsel and abstractors)
- Review and approve outside contractors’ invoices for services, and assisting in budget forecasting of capitalized title and related costs
- Travel up to 100 miles or more to various courthouses
- Availability to respond to emergency situations at any time of the day
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrate active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience researching titles in the oil/gas industry required
- College degree may be not required if candidate possesses 10+ years experience researching titles in oil/gas industry
- In-depth knowledge of processes relating to title research and curative measures
- Detailed knowledge of researching public records
- Ability to compile and prepare chains of title, abstracts, and summarize all matters and instruments of record
- Ability to interpret deeds, leases, court actions, probates, and other documents impacting property ownership
- Knowledge and understanding of legal standards in Pennsylvania impacting property ownership
- Attention to detail is a must
- Microsoft office applications, including Work, Excel, and Sharepoint required
- GIS/Portal background is desirable
- Remote Courthouse Access experience (LandEx, etc) is desirable
- Ability to research via Ancestry.com and other heirship sites is desirable
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America without need for employment visa sponsorship.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.