Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia and California. Most of Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is the third largest producer in the basin with more than 1,200 wells. Seneca’s California operations remain a steady contributor to the overall portfolio, in which this division currently manages nearly 16,000 acres and has more than 1,100 wells. The Company is furthering its delineation efforts in the Utica Shale, and acquired properties in California that will increase, and further diversify, the Company’s oil production footprint. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Analyst, Strategic Planning will serve as an integral member of the Finance & Acquisitions team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager, Strategic Planning and other team members on daily activities of the Strategic Planning group.
- Assist in various corporate planning evaluations including preparation of quarterly and ad hoc forecasts, development of the five-year strategic plan, and running various sensitivities.
- Compile and maintain operational and financial assumptions from internal departments including Development & Operational Planning, Accounting, Marketing and Reservoir Engineering for use in the forecast model.
- Analyze current and historical data to determine accuracy of forecast assumptions.
- Prepare various reports for NFG Finance, NFG Investor Relations, Accounting and operational teams to ensure consistency of forecast information used among various groups.
- Conduct regular reviews of forecast versus actual performance during the current fiscal year.
- Assist in preparation of presentations and reports for senior Company executives, the Board of Directors, Rating Agencies, and the Wall Street community.
- Periodically review investor presentations and other publicly available information released by comparable companies to benchmark Seneca’s performance relative to its competitors.
- Analyze the impact of various strategic alternatives including acquisitions, divestitures, and financing opportunities (joint ventures, royalty trusts, MLPs, etc.).
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrates active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required with advanced user abilities in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Visual Basic and Quorum a plus.
- Experience with natural gas marketing is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data needed to accurately forecast future Seneca performance.
- The successful candidate must have a high aptitude and extreme attention to detail; ability to work independently; manage multiple projects and diverse tasks with differing priorities; and have the ability to effectively collaborate and work with all levels of personnel throughout the company.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Finance and preferably two (2) years of relevant work experience in the energy industry, ideally in E&P, in areas such as: Corporate Planning, FP&A, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking or Consulting.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.