National Fuel is currently seeking an Accountant for an outstanding career opportunity in our Human Resources department located in Williamsville, NY. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
- Ensure transactions are accounted for and review SOX testing for claims and expenses involving VEBA plans
- Collaborate with corporate accounting and tax groups to develop necessary statements and reporting for VEBAs
- Review month/quarter end accounting entries for various benefit accruals and accounts
- Manage the reconciliation process between health benefit providers and National Fuel’s systems
- Review quarterly General Ledger reconciliations and process requests from actuarial vendor
- Review monthly journal entries and ensure proper posting of General Ledger events against customized General Ledger distribution
- Review quarterly and annual General Ledger account reconciliations
- Assist with preparation and monthly analysis of the department budget
- Assist with processing of vesting of stock awards and review for appropriate taxes
- Cross train to provide backup support for proxy review, executive compensation and fringe benefit analysis
- Oversee the execution of the Affordable Care Act annual statements and government filings
- Develop HRIS systems expertise and serve as the HRIS liaison with IT – helping to solve system issues and reviewing testing for changes to be made to the system
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven experience with reconciliations/auditing
- Technical savvy or background with systems
- PeopleSoft experience (HR or Financials)
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:
National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The rate of pay for this position will be commensurate with experience.
National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|·Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage||·Paid Company Holidays|
|·Dental Coverage||·Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers|
|·Vision Coverage||·Tuition Reimbursement|
|·401(k) with Company Match||·Life Insurance|
|·Company Funded Retirement Savings Account||·Long Term Disability Insurance|
|·Flexible Work Schedule||·Flexible Spending Account|
|·Paid Time Off||·Charitable Giving Programs|
HOW TO APPLY
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel Gas will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by May 26, 2022, to email@example.com. Please reference position #22-034NY in the subject line of your email. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.