Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia. Seneca’s headquarters are located in Houston, Texas with offices in Pittsburgh, Brookville, Wellsboro and Kane, PA. Seneca’s investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 1.2 million net prospective acres and is one of the largest producer in the basin with approximately 1,000 wells. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Accountant concentrates on the Company’s cost stream, ensures the accuracy of the Company’s financial records and maintaining internal controls. Additionally, this position is responsible for numerous journal entries and will be involved with analyzing monthly financial records, including variance analysis and budget versus actual review. The Accountant will serve as an integral member of the Accounting team with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Day to day maintenance of the general ledger and related sub-ledgers.
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses to support the accuracy of the general ledger and related sub-ledgers.
- Conduct month-end close procedures including preparing journal entries related to transactions in assigned areas necessary for the accurate reporting of the Company’s general ledger.
- Process Division of Interest transactions, transfers, pay-code maintenance, and other Landowner related transactions.
- Prepare reports for government agencies.
- Verifies accuracy of lease operating expense, capital expenditures, or revenue allocations and ensures proper recording in the respective sub-ledger.
- Financial statement supporting analysis of revenue, expense, and capital expenditures.
- Assists in the external and internal audit process by preparing schedules and analyses while addressing questions that arise during company audit.
- Participation in Quorum software testing as needed.
- Maintain process documentation. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Comply with Seneca’s EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrates active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related discipline.
- Candidates with a CPA and experience in oil & gas are preferred.
- Quorum software experience is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, IF statements, etc.)
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley is preferred.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Seneca Resources jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.